This class is designed for kids from 7 to 11. No prior knowledge is required.
About the course
This class introduces computer science to kids by using the language that 7-11 year-old children can understand.
We follow the following principles:
- Fun. It uses interesting games to cultivate children’s curiosity and interest in computer science.
- Zero programing. We uses tools such as logical games to practice the programing concepts.
- From circuit to calculation
- Components of a computer
- How computers work
- What a procedure is
- Designing a procedure
- Solving problems with procedure
- What condition is
- How to design if-else conditions
- Conditions in a while loop
- Use conditions to solve problems
- Loops in nature
- Loops design
- Examples and exercises
- For loop /while loop
What will you achieve
- Understand how computers work
- Understand fundamental programing concepts
- Be able to design programs for problem solving
- Cultivate interest in learning computer science
What is needed
To attend this class, you only need:
- An iPad or Android tablet.
- Download an App.
- A computer to interact with instructor via Zoom.
Frenquently asked questions
Q: What prior knowledge is required to take this class?
This class is designed for kids with NO prior knowledge in computer.
Q: Will my kids learn about developing software or Apps?
Not right way. This class teaches computational thinking. Kids will learn how to break down a problem into steps so a computer can solve it. Our goal is kids learn the ability of thinking in an algorithmic way.
Q: Can I cancel my registration?
You can cancel within the first 2 classes for any reasons. You will receive a pro-rated refund. You only pay for the class taken.