Welcome to our site. This is Dr. Qingwei Li, I work at Amazon Web Services* as a Machine Learning specialist. I also teach at Columbia University*.
My favorite business leader, Andy Jasssy likes to say, “There is no compression algorithm for experience”. We know how important a great teacher is to one’s education. A great computer science teacher for a child or teenager, must first understand computer science in depth by himself/herself. Then he/she must master the skill of simplifying to make computer science topics, typically reserved for college, easy enough for kids to follow. Because there is no algorithm for compression experience, the above two pieces of skills takes time and practice to possess.
Computer has changed/is changing our world. Our world needs 100s of future Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. Our future leaders are hard to find–they are among our children. I wish to use my knowledge and experience, accumulated in years of research and practice, to help our future generations.
Together with my team, we reinvent and simplify the education of computer science for our next generation—your kids and my kids.
* Dr. Li Computer Science is Dr. Li’s personal venture and .
My AI projects
My blog posts
1. Li Q., Zeng B., Savachkin A., Reliable facility location design under disruptions (peer-reviewed), Computers & Operations Research, 40 (2013) 901-909 .
2. LiQ., Savachkin A.,A heuristic approach to the design of fortified distribution networks(peer-reviewed),Transportation Research Part E, 50 (2013) 138-148 .
3. Li Q., A production scheduling problem with sequence-dependent changeovers (accepted), International Journal of production Research.
4. Li Q., Savachkin A., Reliable distribution networks design using nonlinear fortification function (under review), International Journal of Systems Science.
5. Mo W., Li Q., Zhang Q., The Optimal Design of Water Supply Systems for Energy Efficiency (peer-reviewed), Proceedings of The 2013 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC), 2013.
6. Cope D., Li Q., Production scheduling with sequence-dependent changeovers (peer-reviewed), Proceedings of The 2013 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC), 2013.
7. Li Q., Mo W., Zhang Q., The optimal design of water supply systems for energy efficiency (short paper), Proceedings of The 2011 Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Education & Research Conference.
- Serve in the organizing committee of INFORMS Professional Colloquium
- Serve in the 2013-2014 INFORMS Franz Edelman Award screening committee
- Serve in the 2013-2014 INFORMS Prize committee
- Serve in the editorial board of International Journal of Intelligent Systems Design and Computing
- Serve in the editorial board of International Journal of Data Science
- Serve in the editorial board of Middle East Journal of Management
- Serve in the editorial board of International Journal of Big Data Intelligence
- Serve in the editorial board of International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management.
- Serve in the Industry Committee of 4th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management